Sunday, October 25, 2009

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Wow. Are there any truer words?  This has been a tough year.  Changes and losses seemed to come faster than I could process them.  A little bit of midlife crisis in the mix as I get closer to another birthday and the dreaded 'middle age'.  I pulled back from nearly everything, including my friends, for which I'm so very sorry.  I was restless, bored, and pretty lost as to what comes next.

So, what does come next?  Apparently, a baby.  Yep. I'm pregnant. 12 weeks as of this posting. At 38. I have a preteen, for cripes sakes! To say this was an unplanned event is a major understatement! I guess I'm still in a bit of shock. Instead of planning a family vacation to the beach for next spring, I'll be preparing for the arrival of a new little one and wondering how I'm going to juggle everything. It should be easier the second time around, right? So why does it seem a hundred times more complicated? I'm thrilled, excited, and worried all at the same time.  We're blessed with a second chance at loving and nurturing a new life.  On the flip side, the idea of starting all over again is mindboggling.

"Life is what happens while we're busy making plans." - John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment